Monday 14 January 2013

Hello!

So we have officially started pre-season of the Michelle bridges 12 week body transformation. I am so excited!

We had our first task today to write down all of our excuses to not exercise as well as come up with solutions. This was a really great task, I cant wait for the next one!

It seems that my main obstacle for not exercising is not so much an excuse as sheer laziness. I hate putting on my exercise clothes and socks and shoes, but once I get walking I always enjoy it, so if I can try and keep that in mind it should hopefully be motivation to get beyond getting dressed. It's the same obstacle that gets in my way with vacuuming, doing the dishes and ironing. I'm alright once I get going, it's the "setting up" that puts me off.

I have been trying to stick to around 1200 calories in preparation for the 12WBT. I thought I would write down a typical days food, working out to roughly 1200 calories.

Breakfast:
45g Be Natural 5 Whole Grain Flakes
100 ml B D Paris Creek Reduced Fat Milk
Small handful of fresh blueberries

Morning Snack:
Various fruits adding up to around 150 calories. For example plum, banana & strawberries.

Lunch:
Mountain bread wrap with hommus, 97% fat free ham, lite swiss cheese, cucumber and tomato.

Afternoon snack: 
Chobani no fat greek yoghurt tub with frozen blueberries (defrosted).

Dinner:
Grilled chicken with herbs and spices, small portion sweet potato fries/pasta/brown rice, salad

So there you have it! It is still quite a lot of food, although I have noticed that I don't ever feel full, just content, but I do feel hungry quite often. I have decided that feeling hungry is not necessarily a bad thing though, it is probably quite normal in nature.

For comparison, lets have a look at how a typical days food for me would have looked pre-12WBT.


Breakfast:
Toasted Muesli, milk, banana, chia seeds, flax seeds, strawberries

Morning Snack:
None unless there was a morning tea at work in which case I would eat cake, chocolate, party pies...whatever was on offer!

Lunch:
Usually bought, either 2 pieces of sushi with mayonnaise or a white roll with tuna and salad, or a ready made wrap or leftovers from the night before.

Afternoon snack: 
Chocolate or chips to cure boredom or if I was feeling really stressed.

Dinner:
Takeaway would be Thai food or Chinese or pizza or chicken & chips (probably about 3x a week), home cooked meals would be Steak, mash & veg or Spaghetti bolognaise or Chilli con Carne with rice or Tacos (4 or 5!) or Chicken Curry with rice and potatoes (because one type of carb is never enough).

Dessert/After dinner snacks:
Ice cream or 1/2 pack Kettle Chilli chips (yes, the large pack...) or chocolates or biscuits with a cup of tea.

I have never written this down before! Wow,  it looks really bad! Not to mention the fact that I ate lots of cream, butter, white rolls, cheese, bacon, salami etc. No wonder I was packing on the kilos!

OK, well I really should go to bed now so I can get up and go for a walk in the morning (or not...sigh) - still not quite getting my head around this exercise thing! But I am confident it will come later. I'll get my diet in order first, then exercise!

Also will be weighing in Wednesday morning and taking photos as well so stay tuned for that!

Liv x



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on starting on your path to your best self. :) I know it's hard -- I'm back on my path after about a year hiatus. I started my blog for the same reason you did -- accountability! My efforts didn't work before -- so you know what they say...crazy is defined by doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It's time to make little changes, so my blog is a part of that. :) Good luck -- I look forward to reading along with you. :)

Post a Comment