Thursday 3 January 2013

1st step

There is always a turning point.  I was in denial until I reached mine. I was trying on bra's at a department store and none of them seemed to be fitting. The fitting assistant measured me and turns out I am 2 sizes bigger than I thought. Only problem is they don't make any pretty bras in the larger sizes. Oh well, at least my boobs are bigger, thats got to be a win...right? Then I was trying on dresses in my favourite dress shop, Gorman, and struggling to zip up the size 12 dress. Then the size 12 skirt also seems to be faulty. Must be the measurements they are using to make the clothing. They must've changed. Oh well, at least i know to buy the size 14 when I do online shopping. Only it's not just that one store, it's all of them. Yes, ladies and gentleman, I was in denial. A part of me knew i was getting bigger, I just ignored that part and kept eating.

So what has happened in the last couple of weeks to trigger this blog and the sudden realisation that I am actually overweight?

Well it all began when I wore a dress to work the last day before our Christmas break-up. The dress has an elasticated waistband and a loose swishy kind of skirt. As I was sitting at my desk, I noticed that I could feel something against the top of my legs. It was my stomach. It was a sensation that I have never before felt and did not enjoy one little bit. When you get so overweight that your stomach hangs over your undies only to end up resting on your legs, it is definitely time to do something about it.

I will post some pictures up in the next couple of days along with my current weight, measurements, goals for the future and plan of attack!

Until then...enjoy your salads ;)

Liv x

4 comments:

Helenbeee said...

the stomach overhang is called a lap tray methinks......you also forgot to mention that ugly larger sized bras seem to cost at least 30% more than their smaller prettier cousins in fact all larger sized clothing costs more. Being overweight is a costly business!!! ;)

Unknown said...

It sure is! Not to mention all the other money you spend trying to lose weight!

Roxanne said...

Wow! That is a big motivation! I look forward to watching your progress. The forums on 12wbt are very helpful. But I think you will enjoy the blogging experience.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I really hope so!

Post a Comment