Monday 18 February 2013

12WBT Pre-season Wrapup

Hello everyone,

I am in my second week of Michelle Bridges 12WBT and I am loving it! I have been getting up at around 6:15 and doing the videos for around 15 minutes. The exercise is definitely a struggle, but getting it out of the way in the morning leaves the rest of the day to relax without having it hanging over my head. Hopefully soon it will develop into a habit and it will be a lot easier to get up!

The food has also been amazing so far. I really want to try every dish and then hopefully i can find some sort of routine and rotate my fave dishes around. The best meal I have had so far has to be the Beef with Creamy Mustard Mushroom sauce. My partner absolutely loved it! Least favourite would be the fish but i did enjoy the spicy chickpeas that went with it!

So I thought I would wrap up the pre-season tasks that I completed in case anyone is interested :)

1st task: Get Real
This task was all about working out what our excuses are and coming up with solutions to all of them. For example, Excuse: I dont want to exercise because it is too cold/hot. Solution: Exercise indoors with a DVD. this task was really great and now whenever I think of an excuse I have ready made solutions waiting.

2nd task: Set your goals
Pretty self explanatory, but yes this task was about setting goals. The goals you set need to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-based. I have gone over my specific goals in a previous post :)

3rd task: Gear Up
I really enjoyed this one because it meant spending money (any excuse)! I bought myself a Heart Rate Monitor, a new set of scales, a new step and some Michelle Bridges DVD's.

4th task: Say it out Loud
This one was easy for me because I have been so excited about starting 12WBT that I have pretty well told everybody as it is! The task suggested posting my commitment to 12WBT on facebook. I didnt feel comfortable doing this as I dont really talk to most of the people I am friends with on facebook so I passed on this part of it, but I did "like" 12WBT on facebook ;)

5th task: Kitchen makeover
This task was all about throwing away all the naughty foods in the cupboard. In my case, the naughty foods were just moved to another cupboard up high, so my partner could still eat them, but if I wanted to I would have to get a chair out!

6th task: Organise and diarise
I enjoyed this task because it meant going to Kikki K and buying a new diary! I got a beautiful coral leather diary (as well as a folder to organise all my 12WBT notes, recipes etc). I then sat down and marked in my diary all my "red flag" days as well as shopping days, cooking times and exercise times.

7th task: Fitness Test
Took me a while to do this one, I think that is because I knew what the result would be. My results weren't great, and it confirmed my beginner status...

8th task: Measure Up
This task involved measuring all my jiggly bits and uploading a scary picture of myself. I did not really enjoy this task and kinda left it to the last minute to do. Hopefully when I have a brilliant "after" photo, I wont feel quite so embarrassed about my "before" photo!

And that was it for pre-season! It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot, but I am glad that the actual challenge has started and I cant wait to write more about it!

Liv x

1 comments:

Helenbeee said...

soon the jiggly bits wont be jiggly they will be nice and taut. Sounds like you are doing very well Livs. Good on you. :)

Post a Comment